Sunday, July 29, 2012

The power within





Whenever the Olympics come around, I never watch them. :) Sometimes I watch bits and pieces of my favorite competitions ( gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, etc...), but not often. Even so, I admire the athletes who compete because, of their commitment to their game. Because of their ability. Of their determination, confidence and perseverance. Because of their strength. These people are showing the world how great we can be if we just push forward and never give up. I have a problem with that, take piano for instance, i like to play but i never wanted to practice, so i never got better and i finally quit. This is not something that I am proud of but it is a learning experience. So these athletes are really inspirational to me. I like what Mia Hamm said:
 "I've worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down."


Like each of us, they had a dream but they took it farther. They reached for the stars. And in the process became stars themselves. Bob Beamon said,


"If my dreams can happen to me, your dreams can happen to you. Champions are not made on the track or field; champions are made by the things you accomplish and the way you use your abilities in everyday life situations."  


We should strive to have the qualities of an Olympian in our lives and dream big. 
After all, you only live once. 


Love always, 
Sierra Dawn 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind...
( I will listen )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...