Sunday, November 13, 2011

Talks and my tendency to be late....

I had a talk today. I was late getting to church. ( i am always late to important things but on time to non-important things. Like I was late to the youth fireside on Prayer a few hours ago as well. ) About 12 minutes late! So I had to walk up the isle in front of the entire congregation to the stand. It was humiliating. My talk went fine. My voice didn't crack or anything and i apparently looked and sounded confident though my knees were shaking like crazy behind the pulpit. :) I never really looked up. Mainly for two reasons: One, I finished my talk this morning so i had to read it word for word pretty much because I was not familiar with it and i would lose my place. And two, It is SO scary to look at all those people who are staring up at me.
I wish that I didn't have to speak TODAY because the Encore choir was preforming today and i know like all of the people in it. So that was kind of embarrassing. It is also embarrassing to share my thoughts and feelings. This talk was easier because it was simple. It was on tithing. But my last one was on, "Faith in christ." I do have a testimony of this church but I am not an open person. I don't like to share and express my feelings. So pretty much, I am NOT good with talks. Oh well. Hopefully over the years I will miraculously become better at writing and presenting talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind...
( I will listen )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...